Friday, July 26, 2013

Temple Produce

Galatians 5:22-23

New Living Translation (NLT)

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!


Why do I have the title "temple?"  Because the Holy Spirit resides in me, therefore, I am a temple.  My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit.

An okra plant produces okra.

A tomato plant produces tomatoes.

Humans produce humans.

But now, the Holy Spirit is in me.  What does the Holy Spirit produce?  According to the above verses, He produces:

Love
Joy
Peace
Patience
Kindness
Goodness
Faithfulness
Gentleness
Self-control

So, that producing is going on right now.  No matter the circumstances.  It doesn't say love is borne when the circumstances are favorable.  It doesn't say I have joy in me when everything is favorable in my life.  It doesn't say peace will sprout at this time or in that place.  Nope.  

The Spirit bears all of the above.  

He is in me.  

Right now, I'm reminded of these verses because not everything is going my way.  Circumstances are not all favorable at this moment.  

I am finding comfort in these verses.  They remind me of who I am, no matter what my circumstances look like.  Within me is self-control, even though my emotions tell me otherwise. 

How are you?  Had any good fruit lately? 



No comments:

Post a Comment