Saturday, July 27, 2013

Peace Fruit

Galatians 5
22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

I wonder if anyone else ever has that sensation of supernatural peace and fights against it.


When going through a serious trial, I have experienced that peace.  That same  sense of peace that I have heard people say they wanted.  However, instead allowing that peace to nurture me while going through a situation, I hide it.  I still worry what other people think of me.  I worry about their judgment.  You know, that lack of worry equals lack of caring.  Right?  Their judgment against me for being peaceful when the natural thing to do is worry.  When I put more value on what people think of me than accepting the gracious and wonderful gift God has given me do you know what that is?  Rejection of God and worship of people.


The crazy thing?  I don't actually know if anyone is really judging me, I'm just fearful that they are.  Know what that is?  Making a god out of fear.  Worshiping the fear god.  Ugh.


I feel like it is only me; I am the only person who would reject supernatural peace and trade it in for fake worry that will lead to real anxiety.  


Oh Lord, forgive me.


1 John 1:9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.


Thank God for forgiveness. 


Peace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment