Sunday, July 7, 2013

I'm in a Parable?

"But what do you think about this?  A man with two sons told the older boy, "Son, go out and work in the vineyard today.' The son answered, 'No, I won't go,' but later he changed his mind and went anyway.  

Then the father told the other son, 'You go,' and he said, 'Yes, sir, I will.'  But he didn't go.  

Which of the two obeyed his father?"  They replied, "The first."

Then Jesus explained his meaning:  "I tell you the truth, corrupt tax collectors and prostitutes will get into the Kingdom of God before you do.

For John the Baptist came and showed you the right way to live, but you didn't believe him, while tax collectors and prostitutes did.  And even when you saw this happening, you refused to believe him and repent of your sins."

Matthew 21 28-32


These verses have played over and over in my head - and heart - lately.

Blogging.

I'm embarrassed.  When I logged on today, I was informed that my last post was September 2010.  Wow.  I believed then that my Father wanted me to blog.  I said yes, but then I didn't do it.

This morning, I opened my Bible to the section that shows "the harmony of the gospels" so I could see where this parable was repeated, so I could review the different ways it was written.  It must be in there at least three times if not in all four gospels for it to make such an imprint on my heart.  According to that study section, it is only in there one time, in Matthew 21.  Hmm, that was weird.  Just one time.  Yet He didn't let me forget, did He?

So, Temple Conditioning will take self-control.

Discipline.

The physical aspects will require both discipline in physical exercise and self-control in what goes into the physical temple.  The mental aspect will require discipline in what goes in, as well as self-control in what I allow to stay, where will my thoughts dwell?  Spiritual discipline in reading Scriptures and praying for self and others.  Another spiritual aspect, obedience.

Read with me, I'm curious, who am I in this parable?  Will I be obedient and type the words of my journey, or just give lip service to my Father?

No comments:

Post a Comment