Friday, September 6, 2013


1 Thessalonians 5:11

New Living Translation (NLT)
11 So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.

en·cour·age

  [en-kur-ij, -kuhr-]  Show IPA
verb (used with object), en·cour·aged, en·cour·ag·ing.
1.
to inspire with courage, spirit, or confidence


Inspire with courage
Inspire their spirit
Inspire confidence

I long to be a vessel used by God.  I long to encourage and build others up and encourage them.  

I have prayed, Lord, use me as Your vessel, as You desire.  Even prayed it in Jesus' name.  

I have in mind encouraging others quietly, on the sidelines.  Being a cheerleader, but without the cute attention-getting clothes.  You know, so I can still remain invisible.  

What if . . . 

What if . . . 

Um, it turns out, He might use me as a vessel to throw a party.  A tea party.  A Christmas Tea.  

Sounds rather scary to me.  It sounds like something that needs a lady's touch.  A sweet hostess with the gift of hospitality.  Someone much more put-together than I.  You know, someone who doesn't wear gym shorts and tank tops seven days a week.  (Yes, I change when I get home from church on Sunday.)  

I'm not sure . . . this is still in the praying stages.

Does a Christmas Tea sound like an event where you would find a cup of encouragement?  

Pray with me, Dear Reader.

Cindy    








No comments:

Post a Comment